It is a free event!
Bethel’s Big Fish Tournament is a ministry of Bethel Bible Baptist Church in Carneys Point, NJ. We are a community of Christ-followers who meet each week to worship our Savior, build friendships, and grow in our walk with the Lord. Bethel was originally founded in 1860 as a ministry to fishermen. As Christ tells us in the Bible, we are to be fishers of men (people). We would love to have you join us each Sunday at 10:30 AM!
It is a family event!
We have many avid fishermen that come each year for the thrill of the sport, and for the friendly competition.
We give prizes away at the end.
Our target species of fish are Striped Bass, Catfish, and Carp.
Many family members also come who just enjoy watching or being there with their family.
Some parents teach their children how to fish on this day. There are activities throughout the day for children and others who do not wish to fish.
Lunch will be provided and it's absolutely Free!
- Bring your own bait, fishing gear, and a chair (if desired).
- A maximum of 2 fishing poles is allowed per competitor.
- You can only fish from the shore. No boats are allowed.
- You can only fish in the pond in the park and in the river at the park.
- Competitors age 16 and up must possess a NJ Fishing License to fish in the Pond, and a Saltwater Registration to fish in the river. The Saltwater Registration is free; however, we must see your documentation before the tournament begins.
- The Saltwater Registration website is: http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/index.html.
- To purchase a NJ Fishing License, go to: http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/fishneed.htm
- The tournament begins at 11:00 AM and it will end at 3:30 PM.
- The award ceremony will begin at 3:30 PM.
- Awards will be given based upon a 3 fish total combined weight. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place award.
- An award will also be given to the individual who catches the Biggest Fish of the tournament.
- Random prizes will also be given out at a drawing during the closing ceremony. You must be present to win.
- Each individual competitor must register to fish by May 31st.